The C.s.a

MarkJ

Heres a good starter for you....

a lad i worked with has a son and a daughter, their mother is off her head on drugs 70% of the year and has rehab the other 30%

for the last 8 years he has had to give up work time and time again because she was incapable of looking after them, and childcare was not an option.

naturally he left her and took the kids with him.

7 months later at court, she was clean again and wanted them back....and got them!

3 months after that, 2 kids turn up at his door, with bags, telling him mums told them to live with him again

this goes on for years until finally the eldest son decides enough is enough and vows to help his mum out anyway he can. he lives with her now and is 15.

his daughter couldnt stand any more and moved in with her dad, and has done for the last 3 years. she's 11.

heres the clever bit....

because the mother has custody of them both, he has to pay her child support, for BOTH children!

but....

because he has NO custody, she pays NOTHING! and never has, and never will!

how the hell can a system that is supposed to be looking after the best interests of a child allow this to happen?

i think its sick, and i can understand those that dont and wont pay.

i used to pay nearly £300 a week child support, and the mother of my children recieved no extra money because of it.(or so she says)

heres my view...

if a dad pays £20 a week child support, that money should go straight to the child, no decreased benifits, just extra ontop.

if he pays £200 a week, the child should see that money.

i was sick and tired of giving that bottomless pit £300 a week then having my kids come over to my house is raggy clothes because their mother saw none of it. at one point i was considering employing her and paying her the £300 a week directly, cutting out the leech known throughout the land as the C.S.A!

Heres a good starter for you....

a lad i worked with has a son and a daughter, their mother is off her head on drugs 70% of the year and has rehab the other 30%

for the last 8 years he has had to give up work time and time again because she was incapable of looking after them, and childcare was not an option.

naturally he left her and took the kids with him.

7 months later at court, she was clean again and wanted them back....and got them!

3 months after that, 2 kids turn up at his door, with bags, telling him mums told them to live with him again

this goes on for years until finally the eldest son decides enough is enough and vows to help his mum out anyway he can. he lives with her now and is 15.

his daughter couldnt stand any more and moved in with her dad, and has done for the last 3 years. she's 11.

heres the clever bit....

because the mother has custody of them both, he has to pay her child support, for BOTH children!

but....

because he has NO custody, she pays NOTHING! and never has, and never will!

how the hell can a system that is supposed to be looking after the best interests of a child allow this to happen?

i think its sick, and i can understand those that dont and wont pay.

i used to pay nearly £300 a week child support, and the mother of my children recieved no extra money because of it.(or so she says)

heres my view...

if a dad pays £20 a week child support, that money should go straight to the child, no decreased benifits, just extra ontop.

if he pays £200 a week, the child should see that money.

i was sick and tired of giving that bottomless pit £300 a week then having my kids come over to my house is raggy clothes because their mother saw none of it. at one point i was considering employing her and paying her the £300 a week directly, cutting out the leech known throughout the land as the C.S.A!

Why not just point the finger of blame at the person who made the application to the CSA?

Why not just point the finger of blame at the person who made the application to the CSA?

On the other side of the coin, the CSA has helped many mothers who in the past

have received no assistance for the kids.

Just deal with it & stop moaning <_<

The £300 that you begrudge paying, for the upkeep of your own kids by the way, would otherwise be paid by the taxpayer.

They're not my kids, you pay for them.

thats my point CK, i am paying for them, and i'm paying for the others who dont pay!

it wouldnt be so bad if she got all the money, but instead it goes into this big pot and shared out to everyone, why should i pay for other peoples kids?

the amount should relate to the amount recieved by the parent with custody.

Guest missvic
their mother is off her head on drugs 70% of the year and has rehab the other 30%

so did he pay for the drugs?

and is that illegal?

and could he afford to buy beer?

(i like this character you're building)

did he join fathers for justice? (i can just imagine him on a bridge dressed as a spider)

perhaps the women should start paying too... might stop some of them popping one out every 9 months

thats my point CK, i am paying for them, and i'm paying for the others who dont pay!

it wouldnt be so bad if she got all the money, but instead it goes into this big pot and shared out to everyone, why should i pay for other peoples kids?

CSA, stands for, Causes Severe Aggravation

Sorry Chris, but they're your bairns so pay for them; don't expect any sympathy at having to pay for the upkeep of your own offspring.

no problem at all in paying for my own denzel, its paying for all the ones who dont pay that pisses me off.

or are you trying to say the £300 was going straight to my children?

if we adopted a culture of eugenics or 'rational reproduction' perhaps this problem would not arise?... not too PC though!

You could always have a good auld fashioned cull.....

I'd pay to watch so maybe there's a possibility of that costume <_<

no problem at all in paying for my own denzel, its paying for all the ones who dont pay that pisses me off.

or are you trying to say the £300 was going straight to my children?

Well my taxes pay for the little !*!@# and their Kappa-clad mothers as well, just I don't bleat on about it.

Well my taxes pay for the little !*!@# and their Kappa-clad mothers as well, just I don't bleat on about it.

no, but, having said that, between all the usual moaning and bellyaching you do on this forum i'm not suprised you aint got round to bleating on about your taxes!

I may be wrong but i thought discussion forums were for discussing things, not harassing new members... ;):blink::D:unsure:

(have a look, is he still laughing lads?)

I may be wrong but i thought discussion forums were for discussing things, not harassing new members.

Aww shucks, is that bully harassing you too :D

PS. My daughter really struggled to raise her son for over 7 years, now the b*****d has just had to cough up over £6k

no, but, having said that, between all the usual moaning and bellyaching you do on this forum i'm not suprised you aint got round to bleating on about your taxes!

I may be wrong but i thought discussion forums were for discussing things, not harassing new members... ;):blink::D:unsure:

(have a look, is he still laughing lads?)

Still pissing myself laughing at your misfortune at the hands of the CSA!

Guest missvic
i havnt had a pay rise for two years yet the csa want me to pay another nine pounds a week !!!! i dont think its fair !!!!

Perhaps your argument will persuade others into thinking first before they blight the country with kids that they have no means of providing for?

Not all parents with custody are helped by the C.S.A. It was only set up to claw back benefits so they won't help any parents with custody if that parent is not claiming benefits. When me and my ex divorced he had his own business and I wasn't working but studying for a Phd and living on an educational grant. Even though this was less money than income support (which is supposed to be the breadline) the C.S.A wouldn't help because I wasn't claiming any benefits. The options were a) give up any chance of a future for me and my son, pack in studying and claim benefits; or B) get on with it. No government I've ever known has been interested in real people and real solutions, they only care about the short term i.e the amount of foresight needed to get voted back into office. I have no idea how that smily got into this post.