Rumours

Sw@lnalla

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was true that Tesco was going to open up a store in Bedlington, it would have been in the papers and everyone would know about it.

But if it did happen, it wouldnt be a big store, it would just be a corner shop type Tesco.

If it was true that Tesco was going to open up a store in Bedlington, it would have been in the papers and everyone would know about it.

But if it did happen, it wouldnt be a big store, it would just be a corner shop type Tesco.

Its true, and theyve bought the co op next door... better than ASDAs I reckon!!!

Its true, and theyve bought the co op next door... better than ASDAs I reckon!!!

i would be nice to have a decent supermarket in bedlington!

anyway hopefully they'll put somerfield out of business as its over priced and grotty!!!!

i would be nice to have a decent supermarket in bedlington!

anyway hopefully they'll put somerfield out of business as its over priced and grotty!!!!

No they've bought both places , I heard its becoming a large Tescos

It's true: Tescos IS coming to Bedlington - and very soon!

Has anyone seen the notice in the window?

I know someone who's going to be working on the job of clearing out Somerfield and then doing it up again ready for Tesco. He said they have put the rent up on the Greggs shop a hell of a lot so Greggs is considering re-locating. Also, they actually own the E3 premesise and rent is also being increased there.

Apparently they have offered money to the owner of the bed shop behind Somerfield too, but the bloke who owns the shop says he isnt moving.

Somerfield will be closed by the 22nd September and Tescos should be open by the 14th October.

Cant wait!

Whoop-de-doo and praise the Lord!

Good old Tesco are coming to town. Two established shops are being driven out of their premises before Tesco even arrives in town. More local businesses will go to the wall due to Tesco's ruthless business methods.

Still, at least Cympil and Blank will be able to buy some three quid tesco bomber jeans, so that's alright.

Every Little Hurts

Good old Tesco are coming to town. Two established shops are being driven out of their premises before Tesco even arrives in town. More local businesses will go to the wall due to Tesco's ruthless business methods.

Still, at least Cympil and Blank will be able to buy some three quid tesco bomber jeans, so that's alright.

Every Little Hurts

Somerfield might be an established shop but it rips people off simply because it knows that most of the folk that shop there can`t get over to Asda for their shopping so they up their prices and rob folks eyes oot. I`m glad they`re closing,the greedy bast*rds :angry:

What`s bomber jeans anyway,i`ve never heard of them? Are you not getting mixed up with a bomber jacket? :blink:

Somerfield might be an established shop but it rips people off simply because it knows that most of the folk that shop there can`t get over to Asda for their shopping so they up their prices and rob folks eyes oot. I`m glad they`re closing,the greedy bast*rds :angry:

What`s bomber jeans anyway,i`ve never heard of them? Are you not getting mixed up with a bomber jacket? :blink:

HP might be stirring it but he is right about the other smaller shops who haven't a hope in hell of compeating against the buying power and business practices of Tesco and if the size of the thing is correct just about every business in the town will be affected coz it must be going to be a superstore.

It is about time one of the big boys recognised the strategic place Bedlington holds, pity WDC never did!

No way is it going to be a superstore. I've been to the one in Kingston Park a few times - now thats a superstore!

Good riddence to Somerfield and it's over priced !*!@#. Their fruit and veg is almost always poor quality.

Dont worry Cympil, HP is just a bit worried about how far he'll have to travel from now on to get his Greggs fatty pies!

Poor thing.

HP might be stirring it but he is right about the other smaller shops who haven't a hope in hell of compeating against the buying power and business practices of Tesco and if the size of the thing is correct just about every business in the town will be affected coz it must be going to be a superstore.

It is about time one of the big boys recognised the strategic place Bedlington holds, pity WDC never did!

They can close the whole Front Street for me,the only place i use is the Post Office and when the little shops all close,all the people that are out of a job can go to Tescos and get a one :lol:

Anyway, what are you going on about?

Most established shops left 5 year ago!

:lol:

Tesco coming to Bedlington could help the town.

People from Cramligton, Morpeth, Blyth and Ashington will now have a reason for coming to Bedlington. Wont this encourage businesses to set up here?

Wether Tesco comes or not - it's our fault that small shops close and move away. If you dont want them to go then use them.

Stop blaming Tesco, Bedlingtons been a dump for years!

Every Little Hurts

Will you not be using Tesco`s CK? Their pasties contain real meat,unlike Greggs :lol:

No way is it going to be a superstore. I've been to the one in Kingston Park a few times - now thats a superstore!

Good riddence to Somerfield and it's over priced !*!@#. Their fruit and veg is almost always poor quality.

Dont worry Cympil, HP is just a bit worried about how far he'll have to travel from now on to get his Greggs fatty pies!

Poor thing.

Blank,

Is the one at Kingstone park not a Megastore?

Only notice in the window is one stating that the area is under surveillance via CCTV.

no the other store!!

who honestly goes to E3? and greggs stinks! so no loss there then apart from the body fat people will lose from not going there! and any way tesco has it's own bakery much nicer than greggs!

i say hurray to tesco think of all the extra trade for bedlington!!! and at last bedlington has something ashington or newbiggin doesn't! so they can keep there crap statues etc ! :lol::lol:

Every Little Hurts

Here! Here!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now