Whats Happening In Bedlington

Pete

are you referring to the station?

Is it getting that bad? Have they been anymore bodies? Is Bedlington Station actually recognised as a seperate place officially or has it grown apart from Bedlington as the top end got bigger and slightly posher. Maybe its the lose of the Beck thats caused the rift to widen. Ah the beck.. i'd forgotten all about that . Always on time and cost next to nowt :(

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest missvic
Ah the beck.. i'd forgotten all about that . Always on time and cost next to nowt :(

the beck was grand... 8p to the top end and a back seat where all manner of items could be bought or traded...

Gengis Khan .. now there was a bloke who had a singular thought on society .. get a gang together, bond them in an orgy of violence,then kill all your neighbours and nick their stuff on a GRAND scale... that was the olden days tho, yardsticks change and so do styles , but it rings a bell somewhere

History tells us that Ghengis Khan was very tolerant of religion and a pioneer of meritocracy. Meanwhile the xians were also slaughtering all and sundry, they were also a nasty bunch. ;)

History tells us that Ghengis Khan was very tolerant of religion and a pioneer of meritocracy. Meanwhile the xians were also slaughtering all and sundry, they were also a nasty bunch. ;)

Probably the strangest of religions (from our point of view) are those religions in South East Asia that practised headhunting right up until the 1970s. The strangest of the lot are the Ilongot. The others all took a head for various reasons, all based around the idea of incorporating that head's ghost into the tribe's defences. The Ilongot were the only one's who took a head so that they could throw it away. The idea being that throwing away a head that you had severed from a body symbolised and ensured the throwing away of your own personal problems.

Now, these people believe that taking the life of someone that you have no family quarrel with is unforgiveable (i.e the armed forces/war) and so is abortion and euthanasia. My point is, why? when in our culture we practise abortion and debate on euthanasia, do we consider headhunting to be barbaric? All three are 'managed deaths', all three are equally barbaric. And that's not counting the war point.

The burial rites in South East Asia are equally facinating.

Is it getting that bad? Have they been anymore bodies? Is Bedlington Station actually recognised as a seperate place officially or has it grown apart from Bedlington as the top end got bigger and slightly posher. Maybe its the lose of the Beck thats caused the rift to widen. Ah the beck.. i'd forgotten all about that . Always on time and cost next to nowt :(

Bedlington Station is very much a separate entity from the vastly superior Bedlington. The Station is full of knackaz.

Bedlington Station is very much a separate entity from the vastly superior Bedlington. The Station is full of knackaz.

How come theres not a bedlingtonstation.co.uk then or a seperate board on this site. what du reckon? Talking of knackers anyone remember that tv programme on the worst family in the UK , they lived in Ashington , called the Pitts. Quality footage of idiots . I remember the line " that uns got a Bairn in er gut " :lol:

Guest missvic
How come theres not a bedlingtonstation.co.uk

as most people in le station live within staggering distance of all of their friends, family, fathers of children etc there is no need to bring new fangled technology into the equation...

• 2 weeks later...