Thousands Leavin Blighty

Dave

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the news that loads of Brits are buggering off abroad .. where would u go and why would you leave... I'd stay I reckon but if i had to choose it would be Canada

i like it here, coz the spiders are small, the snakes dont kill you (generally) and the creatures with bone on the outside only nip!

In the news that loads of Brits are buggering off abroad .. where would u go and why would you leave... I'd stay I reckon but if i had to choose it would be Canada

craggy island! so i could have a drink with father hacket! :lol:

The spiders and snakes might be alright, so are the coyotes and wolves but the bears and cougars are a bit more mean!

Vic

http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/Local%20...ews/333020.html

Hi Vic,

When I read your post, my thought was " Thank God we only have coyotes in Calgary"!

WRONG!!! Yesterdays paper was agog with excitement. Not only have we had three bears running amok in Calgary,

(Two Black, and a young but muscular Grizzly,) in the last three days. But up in Canmore, (a small town up in the mountains toward Banff) they are looking for a 50lb cougar who grabbed a family dog out of the backyard

where two small kids were playing. The mother of the kids, hit the Cougar with a rock, making it drop the dog.

The dog suffered bad head wounds, and is hospitalised for a while, but will apparently recover.

Later the same night, this Cougar, came back and began to scratch at the back door, probably a hungry mother come back for family's Sunday brunch.

The animal control people are quite concerned about this one. Apparently it is very unusual for Cougars, to attempt to enter a house with people inside. But this one doesnt know that, and was determined to try.

The various bears were individually captured and released closer to the mountains. But now the authorities are begging people to leave the bears alone, and to stop congregating wherever they are. it seems that the bears are attracted by the practice of planting flowering fruit trees. Since the bears are stocking up on any kind of fruit in preparation for hibernation, these are an attractive source of food for bulking bears.

We live down in the Southwestern suburbs, on the edge of the TsuTina Indian reserve, and this is an animal pathway from the mountains to the city.

Coyotes are one thing, we hear or see them every night, but they only hunt rabbits, "or small cats". But when the Cougar or Grizzly start calling. Thats something else.

Much more difficult to handle than a bunch of Bedlington Charva's, drunk or sober!

Joe.

Hi Joe,

I didn't see those bears but last week I saw a Calgary bear on the news, quite funny when it popped its head over the fence and when it saw the cop car coming it ducked down and ran off, I saw a cinnamon grizzly the other day.

We have also lost a few cats to the coyotes so its house cats only now!

When you go out walking around here just make sure your with someone slower than yourself!

Vic

what! :lol::lol::lol:

Not one vote for Aussie, it must be the crawlies we have (snakes spiders crocs and whatever) actually i have not come across anything venomous for about two hours excluding her indoors of course, and don't forget the yowies.

Not one vote for Aussie, it must be the crawlies we have (snakes spiders crocs and whatever) actually i have not come across anything venomous for about two hours excluding her indoors of course, and don't forget the yowies.

I'll bite, Brian,

What's a "Yowie"?

I will probably regret asking, But somebody has to be the goat!

Joe

PS, If I wasn't living in Canada already, I would probably have said Australia!

I'll bite, Brian,

What's a "Yowie"?

I will probably regret asking, But somebody has to be the goat!

Joe

PS, If I wasn't living in Canada already, I would probably have said Australia!

Gotcha Joe; a Yowie is a mythical creature similar to a big foot it has a place in Australian aboriginal culture

but i don't know if anyone has seen it up until now......gotta go something at the back door .......BC

P.S I have been to your country and i thought it was great.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now