The Hundred Club

Oh! There's one more reason why you should join right now: There's not that many two digit "founder member" membership numbers left - 99's the limit! When we get to member number 26719, displaying your two digit cyber-bedlingtonian status will look r-a-t-h-e-r cool!

Not my words, the sage counsel of Threegees, one of the ace webheads who keep this whole shebang running.

The ninety-nine limit has been reached, we're all members of an exclusive club now. More exclusive than "Stringfellows" even. Yeah, think about that.

I'm number 38 and I say this. If you've joined up and you haven't said anything, come and say hello on this thread. Also, tell us one fact about yourself.

"I'm Colonel Knowledge and I am a non-driving idiot who can't even drive a car"

dont think i made the 100, but its about time some ewok representation got on here!

whats your state flower michigan????

oh yes! ewoks indeed! we have finally managed to get the interweb on endor and with the help of the rebel alliance we are entering the world of cyberspace and aal that jazz.

oh yes! ewoks indeed! we have finally managed to get the interweb on endor and with the help of the rebel alliance we are entering the world of cyberspace and aal that jazz.

Sod off Wicket.

Not my words, the sage counsel of Threegees, one of the ace webheads who keep this whole shebang running.

The ninety-nine limit has been reached, we're all members of an exclusive club now. More exclusive than "Stringfellows" even. Yeah, think about that.

I'm number 38 and I say this. If you've joined up and you haven't said anything, come and say hello on this thread. Also, tell us one fact about yourself.

An achievement to be proud of Colonel! The roads are crammed with idiots driving at 140 KM+, sublime in their ignorance of the basics of safe and courteous driving.

Joe

Member number 100 was reached a while ago - and I never noticed. The number of members quoted on the index page is the number of confirmed and active members.

All boards are plagued with people who subscribe then never contribute anything, or don't even bother to confirm their details. That's providing they managed to input a vaild e-mail address in the first place! So the number of members they display is most usually grossly inflated. That's not the case here.

So the current software only gives them so long to confirm, and so long to contribute something, before they're trashed. When they get trashed the lose their PMs, their storage space, blogs and everything else, and the username is released for someone else. Use it or lose it - it's all automated! :)

We've considered giving the top users free @bedlington.co.uk e-mail in addition to the free PMing as an acknowledgment of their continued support. Will get around to coding this sometime.

It's quality. Fancy a ruck after the game this weekend? Bring your crew to the Top End, if you dare.

no bother denz, get your firm together and we have a meet. should be a laugh. no blades or bike chains! good clean brawling. match is on in that happyhardcorehellhole that is movies bar. there is a rave on in there on sun. what is bedlington coming to? the dress code is the best bit, jeans and t-shirt. Damn, i was gonna wear a shirt as well..........

no bother denz, get your firm together and we have a meet. should be a laugh. no blades or bike chains! good clean brawling. match is on in that happyhardcorehellhole that is movies bar. there is a rave on in there on sun. what is bedlington coming to? the dress code is the best bit, jeans and t-shirt. Damn, i was gonna wear a shirt as well..........

I'll bring Stanley and some Stone Island.

• 2 weeks later...
We've considered giving the top users free @bedlington.co.uk e-mail in addition to the free PMing as an acknowledgment of their continued support. Will get around to coding this sometime.

oh yeah? might be a good idea for the first 99 to get e-mail addresses...

and this 'active' bit, is that just for the registration? or does it release my username if i get 3 years porridge?

and this 'active' bit, is that just for the registration? or does it release my username if i get 3 years porridge?

Active, means you have to log-in at intervals and post occasionally. If you don't log-in then you don't get to see if there are any PMs for you - so a bit pointless joining and not doing so fairly regularly.

All boards are plagued with people who subscribe then never contribute anything, or don't even bother to confirm their details.

So the current software only gives them so long to confirm, and so long to contribute something, before they're trashed.

Have you worked out why more people don't contribute?

Have you worked out why more people don't contribute?

Yes. Because most people are watchers on the sidelines and not doers.

That's a fact that someone, now long gone, pointed out to me. At the time the sage observation was in connection with something completely different. But... as they say... that's another story! ;)

Yes. Because most people are watchers on the sidelines and not doers.

That's a fact that someone, now long gone, pointed out to me. At the time the sage observation was in connection with something completely different. But... as they say... that's another story! ;)

Have you ever considered actual as opposed to the philosophy and methodology ?