Like: The Selection Of Prepared Food Outlets/restaurants

Like Or Loathe?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Come on, lets face it, we have no need to complain at the choice of food available!

just within walking distance of the front street we have:

4 places to choose from for pizza (Best Bite, Chinchillas, Moby Dicks, The Italian place next to the Northumberland arms)

3 Chinese restaurants (2 on glebe road and Bens next to the Northumberland arms)

1 Indian restaurant (Ashianna)

1 Mederteranian restaurant (next to simply drinks, front street)

2 fish and chip shops (Moby dicks and the one next to Best Bite)

and at least 1 pub (Ridge Farm, not sure if the tavern does food anymore!) and thats just off the top of my head! Did i miss any?

Moving on to the station and theirs more!

Of course theirs always the question of quality, but to be honest, I've had good and bad in just about every place i've ever been, And Bedlington's food outlets are mostly good!

Come on, lets face it, we have no need to complain at the choice of food available!

just within walking distance of the front street we have:

4 places to choose from for pizza (Best Bite, Chinchillas, Moby Dicks, The Italian place next to the Northumberland arms)

3 Chinese restaurants (2 on glebe road and Bens next to the Northumberland arms)

1 Indian restaurant (Ashianna)

1 Mederteranian restaurant (next to simply drinks, front street)

2 fish and chip shops (Moby dicks and the one next to Best Bite)

and at least 1 pub (Ridge Farm, not sure if the tavern does food anymore!) and thats just off the top of my head! Did i miss any?

Moving on to the station and theirs more!

Of course theirs always the question of quality, but to be honest, I've had good and bad in just about every place i've ever been, And Bedlington's food outlets are mostly good!

I don't know... every town has plenty of the above.

It doesn't really make Bedlington any different from anywhere else, does it?.

You need an Asian restaurant. Chinese is good but Thai, Indonesian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean (Asian BBQ style yummy)...........and the rest would blow your minds. Living without these choices for me now would be a huge jump backwards.

The Indian restaurant ashianna is good in the sense that the proprieter knows that even a small amount of servive and food with flavour but not over powering can go a long way.

Mind you I cant say much, fish and chips out here are shocking (not fresh) and some days the things I would give for a greggs pastie..........gahhhhhhhhh.

lol

It doesn't really make Bedlington any different from anywhere else, does it?.

Hadly the point, it's about personal feelings and choices.

I'd bet the sheer number of pubs in Bedders marks it out from the crowd though! :D

I'd bet the sheer number of pubs in Bedders marks it out from the crowd though! :D

what tha's only a hand full! nowt worth shouting about either dirty mange pits the lot of them!

Yup, that was gonna be my next post, but i dunno which way i swing on the subject.

Deserves its own thread at least!

It's the whole point for me; If Bedlington has nothing different to any other town in England, then whats so special?

As for the pubs, what marks Bedlington out there is the fact that we have so many and yet their always empty.

:lol:

It's the whole point for me; If Bedlington has nothing different to any other town in England, then whats so special?

As for the pubs, what marks Bedlington out there is the fact that we have so many and yet their always empty.

True,i don`t know how they make any money :blink:

Plentiful UNCROWDED pubs would be a plus to a lot of people.

I see a few pubs have installed benches / tables / umbrellas outside now for the smokers.

Don't you mean sun parasols?:D :D

you wanna try living where i do - bedlington would be classed as paradise. we got 1 pub (and its crap) and an indian takeaway which is pretty decent.

only good thing is train station bein at end of street and we can be in leeds or york in 20 mins

Bring back smoking

:D

Has anyone got any ideas as to why the front street went downhill?

Only about 5 year ago it seemed really busy in every pub, now each pub has only a handful of people in it. It's either very young people (14) or old poeple. The old people are welcome of course but seeing kids out on the piss is a joke... where are the parents I ask!

according to my mum it goes thru years of change then repeats every 10 years or so

the 'next generation' deemed it too 'uncool' to drink in the places their parents used to drink, so as the older gen filtered into the clubs for a cheep pint, the younger ones went to the big cities.

now the even younger generation feel they dont want to go where their parents are, and have started re-populating the local boozers, who are so desperate for the trade they look the other way at the age.

well, thats what she thinks anyway..

• 8 months later...
Has anyone got any ideas as to why the front street went downhill?

Only about 5 year ago it seemed really busy in every pub, now each pub has only a handful of people in it. It's either very young people (14) or old poeple. The old people are welcome of course but seeing kids out on the piss is a joke... where are the parents I ask!

I stopped going out, and my people followed suit.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now