Like: The Local Woods And Country Parks

i.e gallagher park (the heaps) plessey and the halfpenny woods i think thats what its called! not to forget humford woods and dam! nice ;)

That was rather sensible!

Bedlington might not have the best shopping facilities but at least we have nice places to walk the dog!

That was rather sensible!

Bedlington might not have the best shopping facilities but at least we have nice places to walk the dog!

so why doesn't bedlington cash in on this! and take proper care of its one outstanding asset!

I concur with this thread.

Excellent woods and country park within walking distance! :)

Some nice views on the humford 'circular walk', and not many places left you can spot red squirrels, let alone from your back window!

My sister has red squirrels in her garden daily, she lives behind the court's next to the plantation. (beaufront park??)

Photo's to follow (if i ever get round to it! summers gonna be over before i get out with this camera!!)

Naaa, no park there, just a few football fields and a plantation.

and a basket ball court and some climbing frames for the youngins! and some pathes and great views over bedlington from the top! ;)  and a bit of a meadow full of orchids n stuff! (if you look closely)

and a basket ball court and some climbing frames for the youngins! and some pathes and great views over bedlington from the top! ;) and a bit of a meadow full of orchids n stuff! (if you look closely)

climbing frame? basket ball court?

must have been a while since i've been there!!!

climbing frame? basket ball court?

must have been a while since i've been there!!!

It's true Mr Darn, they have a little park there, it's been there for years now.

At the weekends theres football on too, and I've seen kids teams playing there on a few occasions.

I went a couple of weeks ago and I saw a huge hare, I didnt realise they were so big! Then again it was sitting at the top of the hill which probably made it look even bigger!

:lol:

I saw a fox once too, mind it was dead but still...

There's lots of nice wild flowers, they dont last long though because the grass cutters come around every so often.

You should get yourself away up there sometime, when you get your camera you never know, you might even get some decent photos.

No, I remember the pit heaps they were still there when I left. I have been up there regularly over the years but I can't say that I have ever noticed that they had gone.

They havent gone, they've just added stuff ^_^

Is the old pond still there?

Hmmm... If you mean the bright orange clarty water that runs around the bottom of the heaps, then yes, it's still there...

Otherwise it isnt there, because I'd have known what pond you meant.

:)

Hmmm... If you mean the bright orange clarty water that runs around the bottom of the heaps, then yes, it's still there...

Otherwise it isnt there, because I'd have known what pond you meant.

:)

There used to be a pond at the bottom of the pit heaps near the Doctor pit.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now