What Type Of Humour Makes You Laugh?

Cympil

What makes you laugh? TV wise i like to watch..

TittyBangBang

Bo Selecta

Little Britain

Peter Kay is good..

Father Ted..I never get sick of watching that..and Takeshi`s Castle is hilarious (Japenese Show)

What makes you laugh? TV wise i like to watch..

TittyBangBang

Bo Selecta

Little Britain

Peter Kay is good..

Father Ted..I never get sick of watching that..and Takeshi`s Castle is hilarious (Japenese Show)

father ted, bottom, the young ones excellent! :lol:

..the Grove family used to be good...

Don't think it was supposed to be a comedy! :lol:

The classic - I can watch time and time again - is Fawlty Towers. It's not even that I particularly like John Cleese. In fact for the most part it seems he's not even acting or playing for laughs. Maybe that's why it's soo good?

Was it a mistake to only make twelve episiodes? Difficult to judge without seeing what a second series would have been like. But probably less of a mistake than doing the format to death - like many shows go on to do.

Dad's army,

Dinner ladies,

Faulty Towers,

Peter Kay,

Frasier,

Will & Grace,

For me it is more about the writing and delivery than the slap stick.

I never "got" Red Dwarf and I don't "get" Hyperdrive, Little Britain or the Simpsons.

dads army! thought that was a history program not a comedy! felt like it! :lol:

The classic - I can watch time and time again - is Fawlty Towers. It's not even that I particularly like John Cleese. In fact for the most part it seems he's not even acting or playing for laughs. Maybe that's why it's soo good?

Was it a mistake to only make twelve episiodes? Difficult to judge without seeing what a second series would have been like. But probably less of a mistake than doing the format to death - like many shows go on to do.

Fawlty Towers is great..Basil lashing his car with branches was hilarious :lol:

sorry, but i'm a mat groening fan.

Also a Treckie!

Futurama,

The simpsons,

Star Trek

Lost etc

(yes, Star Trek and Lost make me laugh!)

But what really makes me laugh is the home clips, ie Jeremy Beadle.

Although some of them are obviously staged, alot of them have me in kinks for days!

Also a Treckie!

Futurama,

The simpsons,

Star Trek

Lost etc

Although some of them are obviously staged, alot of them have me in kinks for days!

You`ve Been Framed cracks me up sometimes..the clips with the daft animals and bairns faces when they get summic to eat what they don`t like :lol:

Also a Treckie!

Futurama,

The simpsons,

Star Trek

Lost etc

what star trek the first one? that was pretty funny with the set wobbling and the terrible special effects! :lol: :lol: :lol:

what star trek the first one? that was pretty funny with the set wobbling and the terrible special effects! :lol::lol::lol:

all of them, its wierd, cos when star trek - the next generation came out, i said NO, i'll never watch it, i'll stick to the origional. then i got hooked and voyager came out, and i said the same. but now, whenever i'm 'flicking' (No, i mean changing chanels! :lol::P;) ) and i see any of the above on, it has to be watched!

It drives Miss Darn MAD! :lol::lol::lol:

all of them, its wierd, cos when star trek - the next generation came out, i said NO, i'll never watch it, i'll stick to the origional. then i got hooked and voyager came out, and i said the same. but now, whenever i'm 'flicking' (No, i mean changing chanels! :lol::P;) ) and i see any of the above on, it has to be watched!

It drives Miss Darn MAD! :lol::lol::lol:

I don`t like "sky fi" stuff..and aye..that is the way i used to pronounce it,just up till about 6 months ago :lol:

Granny Grove was a comedian in her self, can you remember the episode where she would not kill a fly?

:D

Dad's army,

Dinner ladies,

Faulty Towers,

Peter Kay,

Frasier,

Will & Grace,

For me it is more about the writing and delivery than the slap stick.

I never "got" Red Dwarf and I don't "get" Hyperdrive, Little Britain or the Simpsons.

Dad's Army now that is a classic, I could watch it till it comes out of my ears.

:lol:

Tony Handcock and Sid James, fantastic.

They made a hell of a lot more shows,the fact is they only have the twelve remaining cos some idiot threw away the rest of the programmes,if only someone had a video and recorded them they would be sitting on a fortune!

That is untrue. There was only ever two series of six episodes made.

With only 12 episodes made of Fawlty Towers, the BBC were keen to prolong the show. But both Cleese and Booth had felt that series 2 had been far better than series 1 and trying to make a third series that would be even better was near impossible.

However, according to John Cleese in the extras section of the Fawlty Towers special 3 disc DVD, and in the book Fawlty Towers Fully Booked, a plot had been developed for a 90 minute feature-length film in which the hotel would be removed and utilizing the characters in a broader, more ambitious landscape. Cleese says:

“ We had an idea for a plot which I loved. Basil was finally invited to Spain to meet Manuel's family. He gets to Heathrow and then spends about 14 frustrating hours waiting for the flight. Finally, on the plane, a terrorist pulls a gun and tries to hijack the thing. Basil is so angry he overcomes the terrorist and when the pilot says, "We have to fly back to Heathrow," Basil says, "No, fly us to Spain or I'll shoot you." He arrives in Spain, immediately arrested and spends the entire holiday in a Spanish jail. He is released just in time to go back on the plane with Sybil.

It was very funny, but I couldn't do it at the time. Making Fawlty Towers work at 90 minutes was a very difficult proposition. You can build up the comedy for 30 minutes, but at that length there has to be a trough and another peak. It doesn't interest me. I don't want to do it

In an interview some years ago Cleese said that episodes had been lost and ended up on the cutting room floor,he probably didn't mean to say the cutting room floor,but meant that film and episode scripts had been written but never produced as they felt that nothing could beat what they already had done!

Still a cracking programme :lol:

With only 12 episodes made of Fawlty Towers, the BBC were keen to prolong the show. But both Cleese and Booth had felt that series 2 had been far better than series 1 and trying to make a third series that would be even better was near impossible.

However, according to John Cleese in the extras section of the Fawlty Towers special 3 disc DVD, and in the book Fawlty Towers Fully Booked, a plot had been developed for a 90 minute feature-length film in which the hotel would be removed and utilizing the characters in a broader, more ambitious landscape. Cleese says:

“ We had an idea for a plot which I loved. Basil was finally invited to Spain to meet Manuel's family. He gets to Heathrow and then spends about 14 frustrating hours waiting for the flight. Finally, on the plane, a terrorist pulls a gun and tries to hijack the thing. Basil is so angry he overcomes the terrorist and when the pilot says, "We have to fly back to Heathrow," Basil says, "No, fly us to Spain or I'll shoot you." He arrives in Spain, immediately arrested and spends the entire holiday in a Spanish jail. He is released just in time to go back on the plane with Sybil.

It was very funny, but I couldn't do it at the time. Making Fawlty Towers work at 90 minutes was a very difficult proposition. You can build up the comedy for 30 minutes, but at that length there has to be a trough and another peak. It doesn't interest me. I don't want to do it

In an interview some years ago Cleese said that episodes had been lost and ended up on the cutting room floor,he probably didn't mean to say the cutting room floor,but meant that film and episode scripts had been written but never produced as they felt that nothing could beat what they already had done!

Still a cracking programme :lol:

get um telt! must be why he change his name to "hamburger pimp"! :lol: :lol: :lol: not colonel knowledge!

why the !*!@# you called yoursel "hamburger pimp"! are why a fat black man! honestly get a !*!@# grip! :lol: :lol:

get um telt! must be why he change his name to "hamburger pimp"! :lol::lol::lol: not colonel knowledge!

why the !*!@# you called yoursel "hamburger pimp"! are why a fat black man! honestly get a !*!@# grip! :lol::lol:

Says mmongo! :lol::lol::lol:

I found this funny once:

me, my brother and his son were in the work van one day. my nephew next to the passenger window, me in the middle and my brother driving. my nephew was about 4 at the time.

Anyway, we pulled up at a junction where visibility was poor due to the angle of the adjoining road. My brother could not see what was coming, so he asked his son "are their any cars coming?"

"no dad" he replied.

we started to pull out when he added:

"But their is a big red bus, dad!"

New underpants were required!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now