No More Wdc!

The cut'n'paste kid is correct. Leisure centres are costly to run and there simply isn't the demand for one in Bedlington. There are perfectly adequate facilities in Blyth, Cramlington and Ashington.

What Bedlington needs is a Wetherspoons pub, a new estate agent and somewhere for the ladies to get their hair done.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cut'n'paste kid is correct. Leisure centres are costly to run and there simply isn't the demand for one in Bedlington. There are perfectly adequate facilities in Blyth, Cramlington and Ashington.

What Bedlington needs is a Wetherspoons pub, a new estate agent and somewhere for the ladies to get their hair done.

Dropping it like it's hot, love it.

Merlin,

Do you know why there has been a push for new houses in Wansbeck as a whole. The money collected in business rates in the area goes down to Whitehall, it is then mixed with tax money and redistributed back to the local councils depending on how many houses they have in their area.(One of the criteria anyway) More houses equels more cash, and obviousley including community charges, so there should be the money for better leisure facilities for the people who inhabit these cash cows! Not many years ago Wansbeck was sending a lot more cash down than it was getting back, the new houses will have redressed that imbalance somewhat but I don't know today's figures.

As for where a facility might go, my money would be on the old chestnut of Galagher Park!

I just thought the cooncillors could get more money in their pockets by building houses,what with all the back handers like! :lol: :lol:

You forgot Newbiggin after all they just spent ten million quid there for new defences and sand,sand that will give Cambois the best beach in the area!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

You forgot Newbiggin after all they just spent ten million quid there for new defences and sand,sand that will give Cambois the best beach in the area!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

How much is a bag of sand?

Cambois is the best beach in the area ! B)

Well nearly - if they spent a few quid on it. :unsure::lol:

Aaaaahh!The tropical smells of the local pharmaceautical plant.......wonderful!!!!

Never realised that you could smell Lynemouth travellers site from Cambois Cympil :lol: :lol:

It all depends which way the winds blowing,Lynemouth or Newbiggin by the Sewer,take your pick :lol:

Hope its not that bad I am going there on holiday.

Pete I'm sure you will enjoy yourself. I was at Cambois the other day and it was lovely, red hot and the sea was clear and blue. I took some photos, they are in the gallery now. I know I said it was smelly but thats only if you get too close to the pipe!

Pete I'm sure you will enjoy yourself. I was at Cambois the other day and it was lovely, red hot and the sea was clear and blue. I took some photos, they are in the gallery now. I know I said it was smelly but thats only if you get too close to the pipe!

Thanks Blank, I have seen your photos in the gallery there good. Looking forward to comming up there on holiday.

Hope its not that bad I am going there on holiday.

just pulling your plucker Pete! You'll have a lovely time there I'm sure.

You never know we might bump into each other,you'll have to wear one of those silly hats so I will know its you,then I can hide behind the nearest sand dune :lol: :lol:

just pulling your plucker Pete! You'll have a lovely time there I'm sure.

You never know we might bump into each other,you'll have to wear one of those silly hats so I will know its you,then I can hide behind the nearest sand dune :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I will be wearing a red rose and my poka dot shorts, can't wait to get up there.

:D

:lol::lol::lol:

I will be wearing a red rose and my poka dot shorts, can't wait to get up there.

:D

Pete,

So glad to hear that you still enjoy life! Cambois would be fine for me right now.

Enjoy, Joe

Getting back to topic looks like WDC will be no more after March next year, but then I guess everyone will know that after being consulted about any change, seeing as it represents a fundamental shift in local democracy!

If the MP's are not happy about the change and the only person crowing about it is the chief exc of NCC and it failed the public vote just who is putting it into action and more to the point why?

Merlin,

I see Newbiggin has put in to become a Parish council, I have no doubt Bedlington will do the same but a word of advice, look for the hidden agenda with the people that propose it!!!!

Pete,

So glad to hear that you still enjoy life! Cambois would be fine for me right now.

Enjoy, Joe

Looking forward to getting up there Joe, only going for a week but will be packing a lot into that week. I usually get up there twice a year but only weekends which does not give me much time to do a lot.

I have got some found memories of Cambois, when we were kids we used to get the bus to Cambois just to catch the ferry to Blyth, don't think that ferry exists anymore.

We are going to visit Beamish museum as we have never been there before.

Regards Pete

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now