Closed

Welcome to Mr Darn's brave new world, Denzel.

Old topics are locked down sharpish style and the mildest bit of salty language is jumped upon "in case the bairns read it".

Fortunately, you can still post all the racism you like without fear of censure (cf "Is it Terrorists?" thread)

Have fun with it!

Welcome to Mr Darn's brave new world, Denzel.

Old topics are locked down sharpish style and the mildest bit of salty language is jumped upon "in case the bairns read it".

Fortunately, you can still post all the racism you like without fear of censure (cf "Is it Terrorists?" thread)

Have fun with it!

Tell you what, shove your moderation up your a***! i Quit!

Come here, ya big lug, I was only yanking your chain.

I try my best to keep you all informed of the reasoning behind what i do in topics pinned for a week at a time. i was 'commissioned' to rid the forum of the bad language and to close spent topics. thats what i have done. I tell everyone openly exactly what i do and why i do it and nothing i have done has been underhand. i even say if you want a topic re-opened, just send a simple pm, but no, its just nip nip nip, and now its left a mark.

The thing thats really bothering me is this: if the forum admins would only uncheck the box marked 'allow users to edit their own posts' and used the language replace feature, then mine and missvics jobs would simply be to monitor posts that get too far out of hand. Topics would not need to be closed and words would not need masked, as swearing simply would not be allowed by the board.

Do i take it too seriously? probably, yes!

Do i take pride in my work? Definatly!

Will topics get closed after a week of inactivity? yes!, so long as i am a mod!

I do this job for free, and without a please or a thankyou. You want topics to stay open, then bl**** post in them! (or send me a quick PM!), you want to swear? bl**** mask it! The point still gets across, and everyones happy.

PS, i have come to the conclusion that Topics in Talk of the Town will stay open for 2 weeks of inactivity, and Chat Central will remain at 1. The reason for this is TOTT generally does not go off topic, so less posts are placed in this forum (i.e. "hehe" and "what you doing tonight" etc) whereas Chat Central topics are more popular, and are kept active.

Anyone disagreeing with this should PM me.

Will topics get closed after a week of inactivity? yes!, so long as i am a mod!
PS, i have come to the conclusion that Topics in Talk of the Town will stay open for 2 weeks of inactivity, and Chat Central will remain at 1.

The lady's not for turning!

The thing thats really bothering me is this: if the forum admins would only uncheck the box marked 'allow users to edit their own posts' and used the language replace feature, then mine and missvics jobs would simply be to monitor posts that get too far out of hand. Topics would not need to be closed and words would not need masked, as swearing simply would not be allowed by the board.

Shouldn't this be in a simple PM to the forum admins? ;)

Petty griping aside, I, for one, salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability.

Tell you what, shove your moderation up your a***! i Quit!

Thing is Mr Darn you are not consistant you blow hot and cold too often.

Sometimes you join in with a post and have a laugh,next you are on your moral high horse,people just don't know where they are with you.When you are good,you're good,when your'e bad you're............................................Well! :blink:

Anyway we shall all look forward to M.V. moderating our posts.............AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

It would be much better if the topics were left open,some people are only on once in a while and they`ve only got a choice of a few topics to reply to..also,the forum would look a lot better because all you notice is a full row of red crosses down the board..

I`ve never seen any other forums that close topics like this,maybe after a few months of no-one posting..

It would be much better if the topics were left open,some people are only on once in a while and they`ve only got a choice of a few topics to reply to..also,the forum would look a lot better because all you notice is a full row of red crosses down the board..

I`ve never seen any other forums that close topics like this,maybe after a few months of no-one posting..

well, no need to worry about it anymore.

What she said. With bells on.

What she said. With bells on.

Well, if you did not have t***s like mongo going back and changing stuff from months ago into generally abusive content, we wouldnt have had to close them. but, like i said, a simple change in the forum format would have solved that.

Well, if you did not have t***s like mongo going back and changing stuff from months ago into generally abusive content, we wouldnt have had to close them. but, like i said, a simple change in the forum format would have solved that.

coming from the free forum master himself! it's like harry potter al them wizards!!!! :lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now