Closed

...the forum admins would only uncheck the box marked 'allow users to edit their own posts' and used the language replace feature...

Not being able to correct mistakes both penalises, and discourages, genuine posters.

Language replace is something that sounds great but is of no practical use on a board like this.

Some posts don't deserve moderating and should simply be deleted. The warning system is there to use, and ultimately it will disable people who can't behave.

I think you will find that you can stop individual members who abuse the posting edit feature. Will investigate.

Not being able to correct mistakes both penalises, and discourages, genuine posters.

Language replace is something that sounds great but is of no practical use on a board like this.

Some posts don't deserve moderating and should simply be deleted. The warning system is there to use, and ultimately it will disable people who can't behave.

I think you will find that you can stop individual members who abuse the posting edit feature. Will investigate.

Safety from people who choose to use ripe Anglo-Saxon. I love this forum.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't like, I know you and Barlass got 'jiggy with it' on your last visit here.

I did not, honest Denzel, I did go into the Market Tavern but there was no one in there, had a pint of Gunness and left.

Next vist first week in September, mines a Ginness.

:D

I did not, honest Denzel, I did go into the Market Tavern but there was no one in there, had a pint of Gunness and left.

Next vist first week in September, mines a Ginness.

:D

Do you want 'Ginness' or 'Gunness' then Pete? Make up your mind laddy.

No-one is innocent.

Everyone is innocent until proved Guinnessy! This is a plonk of (pre-Blairite) British Justice. :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now