Fao Joe Rooney

Ahoyhoy, Joe.

Has the World Baseball Classic been getting much coverage in Canada? I notice their/your brave boys beat the USA the other day. Quite an upset, what? I think they have since been knocked out, which is a bit of a shame.

Also, can you explain what the "mercy rule" is?

Ahoyhoy, Joe.

Has the World Baseball Classic been getting much coverage in Canada? I notice their/your brave boys beat the USA the other day. Quite an upset, what? I think they have since been knocked out, which is a bit of a shame.

Also, can you explain what the "mercy rule" is?

No we didn't get much coverage of the series until we beat the US, then media were quite exited, Mexico put and end to the coverage.

The mercy rule say games will be stopped after five innings when a team is ahead by 15 or more runs and after seven innings when a team is ahead by at least 10 runs, this is usually for armature sports. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

Baseball is not the most popular sport in Canada. Their are only two professional teams here, in Toronto and Montreal. I would imagine that Hockey, Canadian football, and Winter sports have more followers.

Recently I read an article that school age kids are more likely to play soccer in the Summer, and skating activities in Winter, than any of the other American sports such as baseball, softball, basketball. This is not surprising considering the high proportion of immigrant kids, both first and second generation that we now have.

Personally I prefer Soccer and Hockey.

As for the big truck shows. They would appeal to the destructive tendencies of the "Redneck". And of course, they are more typically American. ( If it moves shoot it, if you can't, then run it down!

Regards, Joe

Baseball is not the most popular sport in Canada. Their are only two professional teams here, in Toronto and Montreal. I would imagine that Hockey, Canadian football, and Winter sports have more followers.

Recently I read an article that school age kids are more likely to play soccer in the Summer, and skating activities in Winter, than any of the other American sports such as baseball, softball, basketball. This is not surprising considering the high proportion of immigrant kids, both first and second generation that we now have.

Personally I prefer Soccer and Hockey.

As for the big truck shows. They would appeal to the destructive tendencies of the "Redneck". And of course, they are more typically American. ( If it moves shoot it, if you can't, then run it down!

Regards, Joe

Oilers v Flames in 5 minutes!!!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now