Bedlington Fair

12 hours ago, Bayardm said:

I've noticed signs posted, some upside down, 

I noticed them also and have heard other folk mention it,

maybe hanging them upside down is  a marketing tactic , if so it  certainly seems to be working  

Edited by moe19

Actually, and you may appreciate this merc, I used to write stuff up on my shop windows advertising my promos.......and spelt some of the words wrongly!  Surprising how many people came in to tell me anti-freeze wasn't spelt Aunty Freeze!  

This simple trick has many people talking and a ,lot of kids writing in!  They all now get free rides this weekend!  

Ill get a pic later cannylass I have a photoshoot to do this afternoon anyway.................ohhhh get him!  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Malcolm Robinson said:

Actually, and you may appreciate this merc, I used to write stuff up on my shop windows advertising my promos.......and spelt some of the words wrongly!  Surprising how many people came in to tell me anti-freeze wasn't spelt Aunty Freeze!  

This simple trick has many people talking and a ,lot of kids writing in!  They all now get free rides this weekend!  

Ill get a pic later cannylass I have a photoshoot to do this afternoon anyway.................ohhhh get him!  

Indeed, it's a common ruse, also used in online search engines (deliberate inclusion of commonly mis-spelt words in text and so on). Photoshoot, eh? They're gonna make him a star.....

8 hours ago, Malcolm Robinson said:

8 hours ago, mercuryg said:

Indeed, it's a common ruse, also used in online search engines (deliberate inclusion of commonly mis-spelt words in text and so on). Photoshoot, eh? They're gonna make him a star.....

Yes, and also used to great effect by showmen at fairgrounds and market traders.

You'd never cope! there's more to being a woman than drinking wine and cooking:

There's taking your man out for the evening, paying for the pleasure and being an unpaid, SOBER chauffeur. Then, there's shopping for shoes! There's also pots to wash and clothes to iron and did I mention shoe shopping? School runs and laundry, dusting and polishing and shoe shopping! And, of course, there's home fires to be kept burning: trees to fell, chain saws to be oiled, logs to cut, kindling to collect - if you can find the time in between shopping expeditions

Skogsarbete 6.JPG

Now get that pinny off and get the wife another glass of wine!

Edited by Canny lass
  • Like 3

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now