Skoda Yeti

I need a new little runabout. My present runabout, an Opel Aguila 1.2, has served me well since the day I bought it as new some 13 years ago. It's never seen the inside of a garage - my own or the makers' - and it hasn't got a speck of rust. It takes me reliably whereever I need to go and it gets me, and my shopping, home again in one piece every time. However, I have a confession to make. For several weeks I have been having a clandestine love affair with a little, blue Skoda Yeti Outdoor. It started with a few furtive winks at me from behind the half drawn net curtain of the showroom as i was driving past and before I knew it I was finding excuses to drive that way regularly. But it didn't stop at driving past. Finally I gave in to temptation and, parking my little Opel round the corner from the showroom, so he wouldn't see (hey! I do have feelings), I headed back to make the Yeti's acquaintance. Naturally, a girl must play a little hard to get so I made a pretence of being there to buy a pink, fluffy steering wheel cover. They were hanging just behind him, giving me the perfect opportunity to brush past him and to feel the lustrous, silky smoothness of his well polished body as I squeeeeeeezed slowly between him and his brother. Discretely, I eyed his equipment. Just as i expected. Everything a girl like me has ever dreamed of, make-up mirror, glove compartment, chrome gear-stick ... and all in the right places! I just knew I had to have him!!

Does anybody out there know anything about him? Does he perhaps have a past that I should know about? Any weak points or bad points? Will he keep me in the style to which I've become accustomed with my little Opel? Will his equipment stand a bit of rough and tumble on country lanes and, last but not least, could he just be after my money? 

Don't bother, once you get him  and dig your claws in he'll become awkward, hell want to go home to get better looked after and as you know all homes come with large bills. You'll drive him to drink and after a while he'll need help to get home and more big bills. When you file for divorce no one will want to help and he'll end up on the scrap heap just like the rest.

But what if I promised to be very gentle with him? He’s very inexperienced – dare I say ‘a virgin’ – untouched by any other woman’s hand. I’d only need his ‘services’ a couple of times a week and only for two twenty minute rounds per session. There’d be plenty of time for rest in between. Surely he could stand that pace?

Does he have a drink problem?

Did look at them, about 3 years ago, but I never got close to try a spoon position over the silky smoothness of his well polished body, or see how well the my hands glided over the front pertrusions. Just looked at the inside, rear view, and when I saw that when the rear seats folded down they were still 3 or 4 inches above the floor base; thus preventing a smooth entrance from the rear, I backed away from a deal. If one had to enter an object of such length it would rise above the seats and be unstable when maximum thrust was invoked.

I am assuming one can purchase the extra featherlite rear mat, shown in the right hand image, to protect against accidents.   

Yetti lip.png

Edited by Eggy1948

Above all, it's a Volkswagen! Will Germany still sell us the spares, or become all petulant and throw "Herr Teddy" out of pram. CL, myself I favour the Kia marque. Have a close look at the range, you may be pleasantly surprised.

His man-servant tells me that he may well come with a feathrlite rear protection mat in situ though he may equally well come without. He assures me, however, that with or without protection his performance is always the same. I have to confess, though, that at my age accidental spillage is not a problem.

Three or four inches, I agree, can make all the difference when entering from the rear but a false bottom can be purchased at very little cost. I don’t see it as a problem.

Do you know if his clothing is easily removable?

29 minutes ago, Orloff said:

Above all, it's a Volkswagen! Will Germany still sell us the spares, or become all petulant and throw "Herr Teddy" out of pram. CL, myself I favour the Kia marque. Have a close look at the range, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Good heavens, I didn't know that! I don't speak a word of German but mixed marriages have been known to work.

50 minutes ago, Canny lass said:

His man-servant tells me that he may well come with a feathrlite rear protection mat in situ though he may equally well come without. He assures me, however, that with or without protection his performance is always the same. I have to confess, though, that at my age accidental spillage is not a problem.

Three or four inches, I agree, can make all the difference when entering from the rear but a false bottom can be purchased at very little cost. I don’t see it as a problem.

Do you know if his clothing is easily removable?

A word of advice CL ......

You really need to be looking at his consumption and his emissions (linked, no doubt!). Also, have a close look at his spare tyre and whether it's underslung or not. Whip out his dipstick and check for debris before giving it a wipe and plunging it back in.

31 minutes ago, mercuryg said:

This thread should be x-rated, it really is disgraceful. I'm surprised there's been no mention of big ends. 

X-rated! I don't know what you mean, mercuryg. All I did was ask for advice on buying a new car.  A girl can't just go directly to things like the big E. I was thinking one of you guys might bring it up.

I've now heard rumours that he's prone to overheating. Any truth i this?

1 hour ago, webtrekker said:

A word of advice CL ......

You really need to be looking at his consumption and his emissions (linked, no doubt!). Also, have a close look at his spare tyre and whether it's underslung or not. Whip out his dipstick and check for debris before giving it a wipe and plunging it back in.

I'm afraid I don't have time with consumption and emissions research and the like before my trip to Brussels. I need to be in top trim next week so it will have to wait until I return. I've already given him a good grope  where I would expect to find the spare tyre. There isn't a sign of one! Just a discrete little bottle of something with a longish rubber hose and a nozzle of some sort. He obviously isn't the type to let a girl do the heavy work or get her hands messy. I'm liking him more and more.

For the record, I have a friend who has one, and she loves it, says its practical and reliable. Skodas are regarded as among the best built cars in the world these days, a far cry from the old reputation: standing joke was, 'Have you got a windscreen wiper for a Skoda?' 'That sounds like a fair swap.'

• Like 1

At last, somebody who knows somebody who has one - and a fellow female at that!  I've read all the literature and understood a third of it but nothing beats the advice of someone, without a financial interest, who's tried and tested for themselves. Practical and reliable sounds just up my street. That he's got a well polished body and chrome gear-stick is simply an added bonus.

we looked at the yeti 3 yrs ago when herself needed a new 4x4 -- 6 months waiting list!!!! - spoke to a mate who trades in the pacific circle and he said they were swamped because the vw drive train was much in demand in china and they had redirected the parts there! - we ended up with a ssanyong -- (Mercedes benz) at a quarter of the price and unlimited mileage free 5 yr servicing - which has saved us several thousand (its 3 yr old and has 65000 on the clock) and had no real problems with it)

Enjoy your trip next week Canny Lass.

The car sounds a good buy.

I think you are going to have to give it a name that represents all the comments.

Suggestions you may or may not welcome.

It all reminds me of a Travelling Wilbury's track. 

• 1 month later...

re the Yeti - have been up to Edinburgh airport today to pick the child up from Uganda via Istanbul- saw many yetis on the road and several on transporters - so they are available and seem to have quite a following!! yeti? - abdominal snowman?? although we hhave been looking at new ssanyong korandos and the Tivoli - already hhave as koranda and it is magic

Edited by pilgrim
still senile

ref naming your vehicles  can anyone recall the Renault clio ads? - there was a parody of that which will prob get me banned - the ad campaign was - what's yours called?

ahem the response was clito*** cos its red and every C***'s got one -- will post again if I'm ever allowed back on the forum -- adieu xxx

• Like 2

dredging up a memory of being in Marinello in Italy on a jolly with Ferrari and at the launch of the Fiat Tipo range (at the time the Agnelli family owned fiat and Ferrari) when I saw the 'logo 'on the diesel version I had to get more wine!!!! the designers had decided to call it the Tipo turbo diesel - fair enough but the Logo was....

TIPO TurD in nice shiny chrome.

• Like 1

canny lass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go wash your mind out and stand in the naughty corner!!

although looking at both ads -- I cant see a problem - they are entertaining and as relevant to the product as any other ad and are a bit of fun  - I have to admit that I always like Nicolle - sad old man lol

what was that ad?? to paraphrase ?? if only all cars/whatever looked like this ? -- the above two posts appeal to both sides of the XY thing and prob to BOTH lol - live enjoy and be yourself -- oh and buy what ever car is the best buy and suits your life style

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now