Thank You Mr President

threegee

Your bumbling intervention on behalf of American big business (together with Desperate Dave's corporate chummies and elitist hangers-on) has resulted in numerous converts to Leave.  To detail just one..

When this referendum began, what seems an eternity ago, I was unsure how I would vote. Membership of the EU on a day-to-day basis is pretty much all gain for me, because I am an affluent professional who benefits from the supply of inexpensive domestic help, willing tradesmen and convenient travel that the EU provides. Unlike those whose wages are being undercut by cheap imported labour, or who cannot afford to buy their own homes because of the pressure on housing from unlimited immigration, I have lost nothing. 

But I believe in democratic legitimacy, which means paying attention to people who do not have my advantages. So should I go for self-interest, or for political principle? Watching this campaign, with its unscrupulous attempts to bully and terrorise a brave and conscientious electorate, has made up my mind. I shall be voting for Leave.

-- American born Janet Daley writing in today's Telegraph.

• Like 1

So much for the sham 'special relationship' eh?

Just listening to warnings given by Gove regarding the potential addition of five other nations, including Turkey, to the EU, and the effect it would have on our NHS and other services, should give anyone pause for thought about remaining in the EU.

• Like 1

Meddling Barack Obama BOOSTS numbers wanting to LEAVE EU, poll finds

The ICM poll shows 46 per cent are now in favour of throwing off Brussels rule while 43 per cent want to remain in the EU. 

More significantly, it shows Mr Obama’s threat, orchestrated with Downing Street, that Britain will be “at the back of the queue” for a trade deal with America has been largely ignored.

More than three-quarters of those questioned (78 per cent) said it would make no difference to how they vote. 

Vote Leave chief executive Matthew Elliott said: “The British people don’t like being bullied.”

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now