Dodgy Dave threatens Kent with Migrants!

threegee

The referendum campaign hasn't yet started - at least that's what Dave is telling the government ministers who want to put their country before their careers and their mega-pension prospects as EU drones.  So, Dave's pronouncement about migrants in Kent mustn't have anything to do with the coming referendum then?

Of course the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation has given this piece of scaremongering the maximum publicity it can, whilst neutering the responses of the many informed people pointing out the absurdity of what he's claiming.  On last night's Radio 4 news they dredged up all the EUphile supporters they could muster whilst clipping Liam Fox's rebuttal to the bare minimum to provide the usual illusion of balance. Dave's fallacious argument and his supportive minions got about 85% of the total air time too. I'd though about filing a complaint, but, having jumped through BBC hoops a couple of times before I can more or less re-create the automated replies from memory.

A large number of interest groups have rubbished EU Daves' scaremongering, including top people in the immigration service, and the Lawyers for Brexit group, who quite rightly point out that the intergovernmental deal has nothing whatsoever to do with the EU.  But, I'm simply going to quote Bernard Cazeneuve the current French Interior Minister speaking very recently.

“Calling for the border with the English to be opened is not a responsible solution.

“It would send a signal to people smugglers and would lead migrants to flow to Calais in far greater numbers.

“A humanitarian disaster would ensue. It is a foolhardy path, and one the [French] government will not pursue.”

Bernard Cazeneuve would have been the obvious "ask" for an unbiased BBC, but they carefully selected the deputy Mayor of Calais - someone who has no authority at national level, and is under huge local pressure from the electorate to get the migrants off their patch.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now