A Slogan for Bedlington

Recently I noticed the slogan

'Keep Calm and AMBLE on '

Maybe thinking of a slogan would be a good start for us with regeneration.

Newcastle  scored pints with 

Passionate People

Passionate Places. 

I wonder what we in or connected with Bedlington could come up with !

We are a long way from 'Hartley Pans for sailors, Bedlington for Nailers'

Maybe that was the slogan that got people here to buy , much needed, nails.

Now we have History , Heritage and so much more.

There has to be a simple effective slogan.

One  concern has to be that, when we get people into the town, we need the simple things.

Parking ,public conveniences not to mention the odd shop or two in the well named 'Market Place'.

Sadly five years of planning and development may be too long to wait.

• Like 1

It reminds me of an old anthropological tale about a tribe of pygmies (can we say that these days ??) who lived in the savannah grasslands. The tribe were called the Fukawi and were nomadic hunter/gatherers. They had problems with surrounding tribes encroaching on their traditional and very rich hunting grounds and of course wanted to protect what was rightfully theirs by tradition and prevent interlopers from other parts of the area taking all the 'goodies' and depriving them of their rights.

They sent out patrols every day, but the main problem was they were only 3ft 6inch on average height and the savannah grass was 4ft tall. so they developed a gait involving jumping up every third pace to see over the top of the grass. To emphasise their presence and deter the interlopers they shouted out their tribal name when they leapt above the grass to see what was around them. they called out loudly 'We're the Fukawi, We're the Fukawi'

strangely enough that may be a good slogan for Bedlington as I'm sure it is heard at many NCC meetings .... 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, pilgrim said:

It reminds me of an old anthropological tale about a tribe of pygmies (can we say that these days ??) who lived in the savannah grasslands. The tribe were called the Fukawi and were nomadic hunter/gatherers. They had problems with surrounding tribes encroaching on their traditional and very rich hunting grounds and of course wanted to protect what was rightfully theirs by tradition and prevent interlopers from other parts of the area taking all the 'goodies' and depriving them of their rights.

They sent out patrols every day, but the main problem was they were only 3ft 6inch on average height and the savannah grass was 4ft tall. so they developed a gait involving jumping up every third pace to see over the top of the grass. To emphasise their presence and deter the interlopers they shouted out their tribal name when they leapt above the grass to see what was around them. they called out loudly 'We're the Fukawi, We're the Fukawi'

strangely enough that may be a good slogan for Bedlington as I'm sure it is heard at many NCC meetings .... 

Haha! Thanks pilgrim. I remember the Fukawi from my younger days, along with .....

The Oomegoolie Bird. It dives from a great height,, pulls out at the last second, and yells 'Oo-me-goolies!'

And not forgetting the Winkee-Wankee Bird. When it Winks it W@nks, and when it W@nks it Winks. 'No lady, don't throw sand in it's eye!!!'

There are others too from the good old 'We're off to see the Wild West show song.'

But I digress. Back to the slogan competition ...

Bedlington, has a proud mining heritage, so how about, 'Why would you visit Bedlington? It's the PITS!' :D

• Like 3

...........................................................Welcome To Bedlington

..........................................................  A  Terrierrific Place

index.jpe.97a58759465731e1f2507048f29f7findex.jpe.97a58759465731e1f2507048f29f7findex.jpe.97a58759465731e1f2507048f29f7findex.jpe.97a58759465731e1f2507048f29f7f

Edited by moe19
photo
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, moe19 said:

...........................................................Welcome To Bedlington

..........................................................  A  Terrierrific Place

index.jpe.97a58759465731e1f2507048f29f7findex.jpe.97a58759465731e1f2507048f29f7findex.jpe.97a58759465731e1f2507048f29f7findex.jpe.97a58759465731e1f2507048f29f7f

Sounds good to me Moe                                      

Edited by Brian Cross
tidy up

Aye we are 'mining' the depths here.

Certainly  producing more than 'black gold'.

Much more than 'The Pits'.

We could try reverse psychology !

Don't come unless you like History Heritage and a Hearty Welcome!

Besides that  it is 'The Pits'.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now