Moderator Approval!?

Uh??? Absolutely anyone can post in Northumberland Chat (and sometimes absolutely anyone does!), so... before it actually appears a moderator has to give it a quick look over. This rule applies even to registered members who are logged in. There may be a work-around to registered members not seeing their posts appear instantly here, but it's not something that comes up too often.

The "green bar" bit of your question has me stumped though! :)

As explained above Keith,

This part of the forum is accessible to guests who have not registered so all posts, before being made visible to everyone, have to be approved by a moderator. It helps tackle any unwanted nonsense getting to the public eye.

As explained above Keith,

This part of the forum is accessible to guests who have not registered so all posts, before being made visible to everyone, have to be approved by a moderator. It helps tackle any unwanted nonsense getting to the public eye.

My unwanted nonsense appears to the public eye regularly Bret.

• 2 years later...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator..................

I paid all my dues so I picked up my shoes,
I got up and walked away.
Oh, I was just a boy,
I didn't no how to play.

delusion is a state that others think is 'other worldly' and means you can be ignored/sectioned/etc  - it is actually a sad belief that the world is a nice place and that  folk are nice and all want the betterment of mankind and the world in general without regard to personal agendas etc . how sad and delusional can one be?.............

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pilgrim said:

delusion is a state that others think is 'other worldly' and means you can be ignored/sectioned/etc  - it is actually a sad belief that the world is a nice place and that  folk are nice and all want the betterment of mankind and the world in general without regard to personal agendas etc . how sad and delusional can one be?.............

We all want "the betterment of mankind and the world in general", the disagreement is in exactly what that would look like!  And... that's where "personal agendas" come in.

Seems to me the real delusion is that if you keep on electing the same people with the same outdated ideas then somehow sometime things will change.  Einstein put it more generally:

einstein.png

Ah, the Schroedinger Uncertainty Pick-sical?

Nope, Albie didn't buy into any of that puss-e-cat nonsense.  Surely he claimed "God does not play dice with picked noses"?  Though... I can't state that with any certainty.

• Like 2

its the principal of the thing!!

and those quantum quips? are they the very same chappies that consist of a sliver of cotton wool on a stick and are therefore ideal for investigating the hidden depths of ones nasal passages (although I believe they are abbreviated to 'q tips' )

• Like 2

ooooo I was moderated and approved afore I could amend...

I have considered this and decided that I am principally uncertain..

we are sending the child to France on Monday for a week (bliss) whilst we finish the decorating and have told her to read Descartes but never to put the horse behind it...

'since we have moved on from the original thread -- lets all join in with the philosophers song  by 'bruce' (monty python) always a favourite of mine ...cheers.

Edited by pilgrim
senile and demented
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now