Tory Propaganda - Thanet South

threegee

The recent Lord Ashcroft poll shows that the Tory can cling on in Thanet South, ergo Nigel Farage can't even secure his own seat, so by extension Ukip has little hope elsewhere.

Either Ashcroft is lying, or he needs to demand a full refund from the (always unnamed) polling organisation.

screen-shot-2015-02-26-at-22-33-19.png

Expect lots more Tory dirty tricks between now and election time; they've got most of the media in their pockets, and Labour and the LD's selectively pulling for them too - not to mention the giant EU propaganda machine.

These things depend entirely on who has been asked (and also if anyone has been asked). Ask one random group of 100 people and you'll get a different answer to a different random group. It means nothing. I don't think Ashcroft's lying, he thinks they can hang on to it. He's right, they can, if they get the votes. 'Can' is not 'will'.

I think the sample size is about 1000, and even at the statistical extremes there's a snowball in hells chance that they've both used sound polling methods.

My point is that Ashcroft doesn't reveal his polling methods, or indeed who he subcontracts to.  People wonder why he splurges millions on polls when the information can be had from other organisations.  It's not as if he only transmits his results to the Tories.  In fact he's near fanatical about getting closer to the actual result than any of the commercial organisations.  The only rationale is that he does this to build credibility, so at really critical times for the Tories he can stuff a result and be believed.  Anyway, this is one that can be followed with great interest, though I suspect Ashcroft won't welcome close interest.

BTW if anyone believes that I'm being the slightest bit paranoid in showing concern about EU funded propaganda, then there's 30 prominent historians who share this worry:-

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/560743/Pupils-brainwashed-believing-EU-distorted-history-lessons-European-unity

EU interference in our democracy goes a lot further than that, believe me!  It's becoming positively Orwellian.

Where's Thanet

Think Margate, and South of the end of beyond!

Tories have pulled the terribly posh lady MP out and put a disaffected Kipper up as their candidate.  Actually he was stupid enough to defect just before the electoral breakthroughs started, on the basis that he'd do better that way.

The logic of this totally escapes me, as they are saying to tribal Tories (ones who regard Kippers with arrogant contempt) please chose between a fake Kipper, and the real thing.  Maybe they're simply trying to confuse tribal Labour voters into voting Tory? :D

Update: I tell a lie; she wasn't pulled, she quit because politics was too "aggressive" for her.

proper kippers can be obtained from Craster ---- although regulations state that herring cant be landed on the north east coast so they all come from out our waters but have to be landed in Scandinavia and the shipped back here -- now how is that right?? errr - did I get the wrong meaning of kippers??

..errr - did I get the wrong meaning of kippers??

Probably! :)

It was being used as a term of abuse, so we adopted it (capital K please).

Intelligent black people - of which there are many - are doing the same with the n-word, though I won't pretend that the k-word was being used anything like as offensively. The result will be that white people will be able to use it again, when it becomes fully neutralised.

"...regulations state that herring cant be landed on the north east coast so they all come from out our waters but have to be landed in Scandinavia and the shipped back here..."

Seriously?

Seriously ... check the Journal archive for 27th June 2014 re the swallow family business in Seahouses,  comments on it. There are huge amounts of restrictions now on the inshore waters. DONT even thing about doing anything where there is eel grass and yet there are common law rights and ancient privileges which transcend those regulations!!! and of course the regime wants all SSSI's closed to everyone except their own bobble hat brigade.

Another 5 beach areas have been designated 'dog free' - try finding the legislation!! the only usual indicator is that the dog waste bins have been removed but no advisory signs have been put up!! (how to criminalise the populace - and bang out a few fixed penalty tickets -- its a pity the authorities forgot the basic tenet of 'mens rea' )

3 G - ha!!! I have recalled something -- Kipper Lynch (Kenny- look him up - a major figure in so many fields) nice example

Damn, I've just realised!  That's what Tory/Labour dirty tricks are now up to!

They are plotting to fit-up a member with the Suzy Lamplugh disappearance! :iiam:  

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now