Fading Facebook?

threegee

Word on the street has it that Ello is picking up new users in droves due to its policy of no ads and no sales of user data.

I seem to remember that someone here billed FB as a new paradigm, and rubbished Fourgee's assertion that FB was just a fashion that would go the same way as MySpace, Friends Reunited etc. etc.  The thing about any mass phenomenon like this is that when the suits try to "monetize" it users are quick to cotton on to the fact that they are being exploited, and that their own time is valuable too.

If I were a FB stockholder I'd see this as the writing on the wall.

By invitation only................there's posh for you boyyo!  

If you are prepared to wear make-up and a wig I will sneak you in!

Your social network is owned by advertisers.

Every post you share, every friend you make and every link you follow is tracked, recorded and converted into data. Advertisers buy your data so they can show you more ads. You are the product that's bought and sold.

We believe there is a better way. We believe in audacity. We believe in beauty, simplicity and transparency. We believe that the people who make things and the people who use them should be in partnership.

We believe a social network can be a tool for empowerment. Not a tool to deceive, coerce and manipulate — but a place to connect, create and celebrate life.

You are not a product.

Well, there's Google ___'ed then!   I think it's meant to be read to this music:

Pity about those ads YouTube!  Did I mention we are starting GluTube.com?  The one you stick with!  :D

By invitation only................there's posh for you boyyo!  

Apparently nothing like as posh for you boyo as this one:

https://www.asmallworld.com/login

It's the one for that mythical 1%.  Still waiting for my invite - maybe if I'd studied for that PPE at Oxford?  ;)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now